Monday, August 5, 2013

It's been almost a year........my bad.........

Well so much for my magnificent blog............:/ I hit day 90 of my last Visalus challenge and totally forgot about my blog. Now tonight, looking back and re-reading some of my writings, I got nostalgic and decided to pick it back up again. I don't claim to be a writer, I just play one on t.v. :)

So let's see.......where I'm at today.........

I'm now into a size medium shirts and yoga pants down from a large at Thanksgiving 2012. Underwear size went from a 7 to a 6....YAY! Bra size went from a 38D to a 36D, ring size went from a 6 to a 5 1/2, shoe size the same and I'm continuing to lose inches but the scale has gone down to between 147-150. I hover between those weights and have hovered there for the last couple of months. I have hit the dreaded plateau......but that's o.k.

Why is that ok? First of all, I haven't been this weight since BEFORE I had my first child almost 18 years ago! HA! Long time coming...........and my body is constantly changing. My workouts have increased to twice a week and I have now added a new challenge three times a week. I have added pole dancing classes to my workout. So between the gym and the studio, I'm getting workouts at least 5 times a week........my body is spent and exhausted, but it's changing. The number on the scale isn't changing as much but I know my inches are changing because depending on what brand of jeans, I can get into an 8/9 now! I am gaining strength and flexibility everyday and pushing myself with my new classes. My trainer is pushing me by adding weights and strength training to our already intense cross-fit inspired workouts. 

Mentally where am I at? Still a little frustrated but in a total different way than I was a year ago. A year ago, I was so focused on the scale and the number that it was giving me that I thought about it 24/7. I fell asleep and woke up thinking about my weight. Since I started focusing on getting stronger and healthier, more fit......I stopped focusing on the number on the scale and started challenging myself in other ways. I stepped out of the box and out of my comfort zone. I started running more races and stopped being afraid. Now my frustration is that I can't do everything right away when I do something new! :) Boy, what a complaint to have right?

I still struggle with food, I still struggle with feeling "fat" some days but it's part of being human and living life. But taking pole dancing classes is increasing my confidence and wearing sexy clothes, learning sexy moves and getting a full body workout is a great way to combine it all together. 

I will try harder to blog about my workouts, what I'm eating and to keep others motivated and to show that it can be done without pills and fads......

No comments:

Post a Comment