Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 40.........the drought is over???????

I know, I know.....my daily blogging is not happening like I expected........what can I say.......life gets busy.........I have kids, I am a caregiver for my wounded warrior spouse with RSD and I have duties as mom, launderer, chef, lunch packer, teacher, counselor, blah blah blah.........you get the point....

I am doing well on my challenge, I think. I am really working on the gym thing, doing better than I have in months. I am succeeding in getting to the gym 3-4 days a week and twice in the last couple of weeks I have been able to knock out 3 miles on the elliptical in about 45 minutes! This is a huge accomplishment for me, considering in July I was able to do about 5 minutes and be completely exhausted. My training sessions are getting way harder now and I think it's because my trainer is incorporating his new cross fit certification into my workouts. :) It's brutal but I love what it's doing to my body. I leave the gym exhausted!

Now to the eating. I'm not eating every 2 hours like I should be, but I'm doing my 2 shakes a day and I've found that my favorite shakes are the tropical smoothy ones. OJ, almond milk and a mix of frozen fruit all blended in my ninja, it's like heaven in my mouth...........I have been really craving meat so my body is craving protein........

The other great thing........i had to take another batch of clothes back to my favorite store today to exchange them because they are all too big again.......and just for shits and giggles I tried on a size 11!!! It fits!!! OMG...........ok, well it's snug and I have a little hanging over the top BUT in a couple weeks it should be fitting comfortably! I have not been in a size 11 since my wedding day! How exciting is this!!! I never thought I'd see a size 11 again.........

So keep at it friends, every baby step leads to bigger progress and bigger changes...........

1 comment:

  1. Baby steps is what it is all about! You have come so far and grown so much in these last several months Keri! Baby steps lead to lifestyle changes. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete